Opening Round Championship Series Open Bid List
Pursuant to AMTA Rule 6.2, Open Bids are regular bids that have been declined or unreserved, and extra bids not allocated to a tournament as a regular bid. When available, open bids are awarded pursuant to Rule 6.9.
Rule 6.9 lists the following series of tiebreakers that shall control the open bid rankings to the Opening Round Championship Series sites:
- Ballots won at the Regional tournament;
- Whether the school already has a team in the Opening Round Championship Series, with those schools without a team in the Opening Round Championship Series taking precedence;
- Combined strength at the Regional tournament;
- The number of teams in the team’s Regional tournament, with the larger number taking precedence;
- Team Power Ranking, with the better ranking taking precedence.
Act of AMTA bids awarded under Rule 6.10 necessarily reduce the number of available open bids under Rule 6.9.
At the outset of the regional tournaments, the number of open bids available is indicated below. More open bids may become available if regular bids are declined or unreserved, as per Rule 6.2. The number of estimated open bids will be tracked on this page. It is unlikely that any open bids will be awarded prior to the completion of the third weekend of the regional competitions.
Open bids are not deemed awarded until confirmation is given by the AMTA Tabulation Director. If you have any questions regarding open bids, please contact Diane Michalak, AMTA Tabulation Director.
PREVIOUS ORCS OPEN BID LISTS