2020 Regional Tournament Assignments Released
Nov. 27, 2019 - The Tournament Administration Committee has released the regional team assignments for the 2020 competition season. All teams that registered prior to the October 15th registration deadline have been given a regional assignment, which can be found here.
In addition, AMTA has placed all teams registering after the October 15th deadline, such that there is no wait list at this time. Any teams that register after today will be placed on the wait list pursuant to Rule 2.10. The wait list will be updated as teams continue to register until the January 15, 2020, final deadline and can be found here.
In total, AMTA assigned a record 735 teams to our 32 Regional tournaments as of today's release date.
AMTA has also released the ORCS bid feeder assignments for the coming year. These feeders are contained in the Earned Bid Sheet, which is under the Opening Round Championship Series section of the website. As bids are earned, the National Tabulation Director will update the Earned Bid sheet throughout the Regional season.
CASE CHANGES: AMTA anticipates releasing changes to the national case problem to be used at the AMTA Regional Tournaments on or about December 8, 2019. Please check the AMTA website for further updates regarding the case materials.
NEXT STEPS FOR ASSIGNED TEAMS:
1. Team Confirmation Forms - ACTION REQUIRED
Pursuant to Rule 2.10.1 (Pg. 12 of the AMTA Rulebook), all schools must complete a Team Confirmation Form for each team at each regional tournament to which they are assigned. ALL FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ASSIGNMENTS, or the team will risk administrative removal from the regional tournament. The forms are available online and can be found here.
2. Team Roster Forms
All team rosters must be submitted for each team no later than 21 days prior to the start time of each teams regional tournament. Regional Team Roster forms are online and can be found here.
3. Current Competitor Registration Form
Pursuant to Rule 3.5 (Pg. 14 of the AMTA Rulebook), each individual student must register with AMTA in order to be eligible to compete in AMTA-sanctioned tournaments. Each student is encouraged to complete this form as soon as possible to avoid delays closer to their regional tournament. After receipt of your team roster, AMTA will compare the roster against the individual registered competitors, and AMTA will contact each school contact with the names of any individuals that still need to register. If all students are registered, AMTA will likewise confirm this with the official school contact. All current competitors must be registered on or before the Monday before their respective regional tournament, or they will be prohibited from competing in the AMTA-sanctioned tournament. The Current Competitor Registration Form can be found here.
REGIONAL TEAM WITHDRAWAL INFORMATION:
If you no longer wish to compete in your assigned AMTA tournament, you may use the following procedure to withdraw from our competition.
1. Withdrawal Procedure
All withdrawals should be immediately communicated to AMTA.Tournaments@collegemocktrial.org AND AMTA@collegemocktrial.org. A withdrawal is not considered "official" until it is communicated by the school to the above-mentioned individuals.
2. Withdrawal Penalty Structure
The following penalties shall be assessed to each school that either withdraws and/or fails to appear at a regional tournament:
- $75 for teams that drop within 28 days of the start of the tournament, but more than 14 days before the start of the tournament;
- $125 for teams that drop within 14 days of the start of the tournament but more than 7 days before the start of the tournament;
- $175 for teams that drop within 7 days of the start of the tournament but more than 48 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $225 for teams that drop within 48 hours of the start of the tournament but more than 24 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $350 for teams that drop within 24 hours of the start of the tournament, but before the start of the tournament;
- $500 for teams that drop after the start of the tournament, that fail to show for the tournament, or that leave the tournament early without permission of the AMTA Representative(s).
If you have any questions after reviewing the assignments, wait list procedures, or regional confirmation process, please contact the Tournament Administration Committee Chair, Melissa Watt.