Regional Information for Assigned Teams
This page contains registration information for all teams assigned to a 2024 AMTA Regional Tournament. If you have any general questions or would like any further information about the Regional round of competition, please e-mail Andy Hogan, chairperson of the Tournament Administration Committee.
Note Regarding Wait List: AMTA maintains a wait list according to Rule 2.10. As such, team assignments are updated regularly from November through February. Teams are encouraged to check back regularly to confirm their assignments. If you have questions about the Regional wait list, please contact Andy Hogan, chairperson of the Tournament Administration Committee.
REQUIRED Steps Following Assignment to a Regional Tournament:
After being assigned, teams must complete the following three steps:
1. Current Competitor Registration
2. Regional Confirmation
After receiving an AMTA's Regional Tournament assignment, all official contacts must log into the School Manager to confirm their assignments to their respective AMTA Regional Tournaments. This is a required action, per AMTA Rule 2.10. Failure to confirm your Regional assignments could risk losing your place in the tournament. Each team must confirm as soon as possible after receiving notice of their regional assignments, but no later than 30 days after regional assignments are released. Please contact AMTA with any questions regarding the Regional Confirmation Form process
- Please note that only official contacts can complete this action (i.e. you must login to the School Manager using the account associated with the email address that you are receiving this message at).
- To confirm, simply log into the AMTA School Manager and click "Accept" next to your Regional tournament assignments under the "Tournament Invitations" header on your Dashboard. You must do this for each Regional your program is assigned.
3. Regional Team Roster
AMTA uses the School Manager to allow for teams to manage and submit their rosters to AMTA. After each student individually creates an account in the School Manager, those students will be available to School Managers to be assigned to team rosters on the "Teams" tab. Once your roster reflects the current students on your roster, the Team Roster requirement is complete. There is no "Submit" button, as they are saved in real time. You may make as many changes to your roster in the system as you want up until the Monday before your tournament. Please contact AMTA with any questions regarding the team roster submission process. Collected information is stored on a secured (HTTPS) server.
Regional Team Withdrawal Information:
- Procedure to Withdraw: All withdrawals should be immediately communicated to Andy Hogan, chairperson of the Tournament Administration Committee, and AMTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A withdrawal is not considered "official" until it is communicated by the school to the above-mentioned individuals.
- Please note, withdrawals may not be communicated via the School Manager. Clicking "Cancel" in the School Manager does not constitute a withdrawal for purposes of any fines or withdrawal timing.
- Withdrawal Penalty Structure: The following penalties shall be assessed to each school that either withdraws and/or fails to appear at a regional tournament:
- $75 for teams that drop within 28 days of the start of the tournament, but more than 14 days before the start of the tournament;
- $125 for teams that drop within 14 days of the start of the tournament but more than 7 days before the start of the tournament;
- $175 for teams that drop within 7 days of the start of the tournament but more than 48 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $225 for teams that drop within 48 hours of the start of the tournament but more than 24 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $350 for teams that drop within 24 hours of the start of the tournament, but before the start of the tournament;
- $500 for teams that drop after the start of the tournament, that fail to show for the tournament, or that leave the tournament early without permission of the AMTA Representative(s).