2024 Regional Weekend Assignments Released
Nov. 23, 2023 - The Tournament Administration Committee has released the Regional team assignments for the 2024 competition season. All teams that registered prior to the October 15th registration deadline have been given a regional assignment, which can be found here.
In addition, AMTA has placed all teams registering after the October 15th deadline. Any teams that register after today will be placed on the wait list pursuant to Rule 2.8. The wait list will be updated as teams continue to register until the January 15, 2024. final deadline and can be found here.
These team assignments are one of the most difficult tasks AMTA faces each year. We want to personally thank the committee that worked very, very hard to get these together over the last few weeks: Adam Detsky, Ryne Cannon, Ryan Nolte, Brandi Snow, Diane Michalak.
CASE CHANGES: AMTA anticipates releasing changes to the case problem to be used at the AMTA Regional Tournaments on or before December 11, 2023. Please check the AMTA website for further updates regarding the case materials.
NEXT STEPS FOR ASSIGNED TEAMS:
All teams competing in 2024 must:
1. Confirm their regional assignment in the School Manager by Friday 12/23/23; and
2. Submit their team roster via the School Manager no later than 21 days prior to the start of your regional tournament; and
3. Have each individual student register with AMTA by creating an account in the School Manager.
All of these steps require the use of AMTA's School Manager. However, the School Manager is not yet updated for 2024, but will be in approximately 10 days. We will contact you again when the Tournament Manager is ready for use. More details on how to complete these steps can be found here.
REGIONAL TEAM WITHDRAWAL INFORMATION:
If you no longer wish to compete in your assigned AMTA tournament, you may use the following procedure to withdraw from our competition.
1. Withdrawal Procedure
All withdrawals should be immediately communicated to AMTA.Tournaments@collegemocktrial.org AND AMTA@collegemocktrial.org. A withdrawal is not considered "official" until it is communicated by the school to the above-mentioned individuals.
2. Withdrawal Penalty Structure
The following penalties shall be assessed to each school that either withdraws and/or fails to appear at a regional tournament:
- $75 for teams that drop within 28 days of the start of the tournament, but more than 14 days before the start of the tournament;
- $125 for teams that drop within 14 days of the start of the tournament but more than 7 days before the start of the tournament;
- $175 for teams that drop within 7 days of the start of the tournament but more than 48 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $225 for teams that drop within 48 hours of the start of the tournament but more than 24 hours before the start of the tournament;
- $350 for teams that drop within 24 hours of the start of the tournament, but before the start of the tournament;
- $500 for teams that drop after the start of the tournament, that fail to show for the tournament, or that leave the tournament early without permission of the AMTA Representative(s).
If you have any questions after reviewing the assignments, wait list procedures, or regional confirmation process, please contact the Tournament Administration Committee.
Best of luck in the 2024 AMTA competition season!