National Championship Tournament Information
The National Championship Tournament (NCT) is the final round of the American Mock Trial Association's annual national tournament structure. The NCT will host the top six teams from each of AMTA's ORCS tournaments in March. Only 48 teams will advance and compete in the National Championship Tournament. These 48 teams will be divided into two "divisions" of 24 teams each. The first-place teams from each will face off in AMTA's National Championship Final Round.
- The Katherine E. Pridemore Division:
- Jackie Olson, Director, Hosted the National Championship in 2008 and 2012, Former competitor and coach - Hamline University
- William Warihay, Director and Tournament Administration Committee Chair, Coach of Georgia Tech and former coach and competitor for Elon University
- The William Howard Taft Division:
- Michael Walsh, Director and Secretary, Coach of Loyola University-Chicago
- Johnathan Woodward, Director and National Tabulation Director, Former competitor for the University of Missouri, Columbia
Team Competition Information:
Once a team earns a bid to the National Championship Tournament, they must complete the following forms. Each form must be completed once for each team from each school that is attending the National Championship Tournament.
1. Bid Reservation Form - Due by Noon CDT on the Tuesday after the bid is earned
2. Team Roster Form - Due by 4:00 PM CDT on Monday, March 30, 2015
Note: Teams may change their roster after this deadline, but no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT Monday, April 13, 2015. If a school with two teams changes their roster(s) after this deadline, the Competition Response Committee has the authority to change which team bears the "A" designation under Rule 5.28(3)(c).
For information on which teams are attending the National Championship Tournament, please view the following lists: