AMTA Announces COVID-19 Guidance
Jan. 3, 2022 - On December 12, 2021, the AMTA Board of Directors met to discuss, among other things, AMTA's return to in-person competition. As we have said from the outset, AMTA is planning for and intends to proceed with an in-person 2022 competition season. With that said, AMTA continues to evaluate the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic, and we will continue to do so in the coming months before the AMTA season begins in February 2022 to ensure we can return to safe, in-person competition for the 2022 competition season.
At AMTA's in-person 2022 competitions, we anticipate requiring, at the very minimum, the following, subject to any applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations:
- All participants and attendees must show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of the start of competition (rapid antigen tests will not be accepted);
- All participants and attendees must wear masks at all times, including while competing and performing;
- Opening Ceremonies will be held via Zoom, and if no suitable space is available to permit distancing, so will Awards Ceremonies;
- Tab Rooms will have capacity limits enforced by AMTA Representatives;
- Captains' Meetings will be held in individual courtrooms and not a centralized location;
- Judge training will take place via Zoom in advance of competition weekends;
- AMTA Representatives will enforce social distancing and capacity limitations; and
- All participants and attendees must follow any additional site-specific COVID-19 requirements.