Envision is Seeking Applications for Summer Positions
Feb. 14, 2017 - On behalf of Envision, the nation’s leading experiential education organization, we are seeking highly motivated and energetic individuals to work for us this upcoming summer! Specifically, we are seeking college mock trial students to fill our temporary field positions of Faculty Advisor or Operations Team Member for the Intensive Law & Trial program. At Envision, we are dedicated to enabling students to discover their career and life interests, and providing them with the skills, resources, and experiences they need to successfully achieve their goals. Envision has been offering experiential programs to motivated students since 1985.
For more information and to apply, CLICK HERE.
Intensive Law & Trial 2017 Job Description:
The Advisor is responsible for providing the best experience possible for all participants of the program through facilitation of educational curricula. Advisors help shape the experience for the students. The Advisor must be able to interact with and supervise students and to provide for their safety and well-being. Advisors report to the Education Lead. Our field staff will be living and working onsite at Stanford University. You can anticipate being "on call"/available 24/7, though working hours will typically be from approximately 7am through 11pm. Contract dates vary, but this program runs from June through August.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high level of customer service
- Create and manage a stimulating educational environment which is conducive to students learning
- Be knowledgeable of all policies and procedures and assist with in their enforcement, including appropriate student conduct and dress code
- Facilitate small and large group meetings (lead interactive discussions, briefings, debriefings, simulations, and follow pre-designed lesson plans, etc.)
- Be responsible for the dissemination of the educational content of the program
- Be responsible for providing the best experience possible for all program participants
- Serve as a positive leader, mentor and role model for all participants
- Prepare the students for each day’s activities
- Efficiently manage the safe transportation of students on-site and off-site
- Attend daily staff meetings
- Conduct a nightly room check ensuring that students are safe and secure in their rooms
- Complete and submit paperwork in a timely fashion
- Assist support staff with program logistics as needed
- Work closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members
- Perform other duties as determined by the program leadership