"One Last Time" Mock Trial Tournament
AMTA is excited to announce the One Last Time Tournament scheduled for August 7-9, 2020. More than a thousand competitors had their season cut short this year and hundreds of those were seniors. This tournament aims to honor this year’s recent graduates and provide them an opportunity to compete One Last Time.
- All trials will be live streamed this weekend! See the schedule and video links below.
- Teams will consist of a minimum of 4 and maximum of 5 competitors.
- Two attorneys and two witnesses will compete per side.
- Registered teams will receive the case 10 days before the tournament.
- Time restrictions will be allotted per attorney rather than by speeches, directs, and crosses.
- After four rounds, the top two teams will compete head to head in the Final Round.
- AMTA will not be charging any registration fee to any participant for this competition.
- World-famous mystery author Agatha Lee has died, leaving her $20 million estate to her caretaker Drew Mars. Lee’s disinherited grandchild, Stevie Rogers, is suing to have the will set aside, claiming Mars murdered Lee.
- The OLT Rulebook is now available. This Rulebook only applies to the One Last Time tournament.
- To the extent that any of the traditional AMTA Rulebook changes for the 2021 Regionals and ORCS tournaments, AMTA will announce those changes at a later date.
- Teams List Released!
- Competitor eligibility is described here.
- List of AMTA Schools affected by COVID-19 for purposes of Priority Registration
- Competitors may pick their teams regardless of school affiliation. If you have ever wanted to compete with your best friends from another school, this is your chance!
- If you are interested in competing and are not able to form a full team, AMTA will match you with others to create a full team. You can register as an individual or as a group of 2 or more.
- If your team composition drops below the minimum number of competitors before the competition, AMTA will match you with sufficient competitors to field a team.
- Registration for competitors is now closed. We will release a team’s list closer to the competition.
- Registration for Alternates is now closed.
- The roles and eligibility of Alternates is available here.
- Alternates are NOT guaranteed an opportunity to compete.
- We may assign Alternates at any time, up to and including the day of the competition. After a registrant has been offered a spot in the competition, the registrant has 4 hours to accept. Failure to timely accept will forfeit the offered spot.
- All trials will take place online using Zoom.
- All trials will be publicly live streamed! You can view the broadcast schedule here.
- The trials will be live streamed on AMTA's YouTube channel. You can find all trials, opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, and the final round here.
- See our Tech Tips sheet for advice on preparing for Zoom trials.
- To see how some of the most elite mock trial competitions in the country have effectively used Zoom, check out these videos.
This page will be updated with more information as we get closer to the opening of registration. In the meantime, please email us with any questions.